JWH-018 is an effective synthetic cannabinoid that is known as 1-pentyl-3-(1-naphthoyl) indole chemically. It was synthesized previously to develop a better understanding of the human endocannabinoid system and to determine cannabinoid receptor antagonists that would deficient the undesired powerful effects. JWH-018 has effects like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
JWH-018 binds to both cannabinoid receptors the CB1 (expressed mostly in the central nervous system) and CB2 receptors (expressed mostly in the cells accountable for growing the immune response and in the central nervous system). The JWH-018 research chemical overpowers the proclamation of neurotransmitters in the central nervous system. This bath salt drug is tougher than THC as a small quantity is enough to bring a powerful effect. JWH-018 fixes the CB1 receptor four times more strongly and the CB2 receptor ten times more strongly than THC.
JWH-018 new drug flakka is used orally and smoked. Pure JWH-018 is a white crystalline solid and light-colored or yellowish powdery ingredient that can take on a dimmer brownish tinge with time.
In 1990, an organic chemist John W. Huffman manufactured different chemical compounds that impact on the endocannabinoid system. JWH-018 is also among these compounds, with research showing an attraction for the cannabinoid (CB1) receptor more than that of THC. Synthetic drug JWH-018 is synthesized by Friedel-Crafts acylation by using 1-H-indole and naphthalene-1-carbonyl chloride followed by N-alkylation that is done by adding 1-bromopentane. This chemical compound is categorized as a pain-relieving medication. Its chemical name is Naphthalene-1-yl(1-pentyl-1H-indol-3-yl)methanone. The chemical composition of this research chemical is C24H23NO.
Fig:1 chemical structure of JWH-018
The common dose of JWH-018 is in the range of 2 to 5 mg when vaporized or smoked. The pain-relieving effects of cannabinoid ligands facilitated by CB1 receptors are well-known in dealing with neuropathic pain, arthritis, and cancer pain.
- Wanted effects of the drug arise with a sensation of well-being. It also causes sensitive, sensual experiences and relaxation. The start of the effect is tremendously quick sensation when smoked.
- By liquifying this bath salt drug into the liquid or ingesting it orally, the effects start to begin after one or two hours.
The side effects of the JWH-018 arises with the increase of dose at repeated intervals. some of the effects are following
- Side effects of this new drug include hypertension, panic attacks, nervousness, and shudders.
- JWH-018 can also cause fear, inflamed eyes, memory loss, illusions, and dryness in the mouth. Users have also labeled other effects, including increased hunger.
- JWH-018 is notorious as it causes both physical and mental addiction. The other Symptoms comprise sweating, unease, hallucinations, turbulences in sleep, vomiting, shocks, diarrhea, and nuisances.
- More symptoms include muscle shuddering, a feeling of needles and pins, and a loss of sensation in appendages.
JWH-018 bath salt drug was originated as a preservative in more than 60 different kinds of herbal
combinations in Germany. These products have street names like Atomic Bomb, Monkeys Go Bananas, Dragon, Rockstar, Spike 99, Rockstar, Wasted, and Ultra. Other street drug list comprises Spice, K2, synthetic cannabis, legal weed, and herbal incense.